Read My bLips

Coherent Thoughts (hopefully) on Random Topics.

Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Ready! Fire! Aim!

This presidential campaign started (for me) with a great deal of apprehension. I was worried that Bush would not win (even dreaming about a Dean presidency was enough to wake me up in a cold sweat). Once Kerry wrapped up the Democratic nomination I started worrying about the Democrats running an articulate, intelligent, focused compaign. Given the events of the past several weeks, I've started to loosen up a bit and enjoy the scenery.

I won't bore you with details of the RatherGate -- there are others who have it covered very nicely. Suffice it to say that it has been "interesting" to watch that story unfold and see the manifold "opportunities" for collusion between the poodle's campaign staff, Burkette (where did this guy come from?) and CBS.

From there it was their childish response to the "Kerry Windsurfing" ad. If Kerry can't stand the heat he better get out of the kitchen.

The best, though, (or worst, depending on your perspective) was the Kerry compaign's trashing of Iyad Allawi. At the rate he's going, Kerry will have to liberate Iraq again just to get a prime minister who will talk to him...

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home